Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wedding Inspiration


My fiance and I dated for almost 5 years before we were engaged.
To be fair, we were only 16 when we started dating, but that's a long time for a girl to wait! Needless to say, I have been imagining our wedding day for some time. I started saving ideas and pictures for inspiration even before we were engaged (shh..don't tell!).
After it became official, I began compiling all of these ideas into a notebook. With a little under 15 months before the big day, the notebook is already ridiculously full...
~we are going the diy route with the invitations and programs.
we're using ivory cardstock, a large peony stamp, apple green ink, and chocolate brown ribbon.
~I adore the look of a full, white peony bouquet wrapped in thick ivory ribbon.
~love, love, love the moss covered initials for the church and reception venue doors.
~we plan to alternate between two centerpieces.
one will be a simple collection of candles in different size mason jars.
for the other, we will use glass vases filled with branches and crystal strands.
I have lots more to share, but this is a preview of the direction we are headed with the wedding planning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment