Friday, September 17, 2010

Some Autumn Touches Around Our House



Ahh...it's Friday :)
I hope you had a wonderful week and are looking forward to the weekend!
I have been busy this week...being...domestic! haha But really, I feel like I have been doing a much better job juggling laundry, cleaning, and cooking. Wednesday I successfully went grocery shopping by myself and even baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! I'm enjoying everything instead of being so stressed about it. I even got around to doing some decorating, which makes me very happy!


It's amazing how much fun I can have from a $2.99 roll of burlap from Michaels!
or is it sad...


Either way, I love how my galvanized vase looks with some fall-ish burlap tied around it.


I got some of this "orange lavender" on my quick fall decor shopping trip last week. I took some of it and stuck it in the sconces framing the mirror in our living room. It adds just the right amount of color to the space.


I did this little project in about five minutes last night. I used a leftover skeleton leaf from another project, and secured it on this candle with string. I love this pumpkin candle, and the best part? It was $4 from wal-mart.


Some more burlap came in handy as a runner on our end table in the living room. I love the way this looks!


I filled one of my mixing bowls with these...pieces of fruit? I also got these last week, but I forget what they are! haha


Now our end table looks cozy!


Isn't that orange lavender pretty?! I still don't know where I'm going to put this bunch, but I think it looks cute tied with some more burlap!

 

We're going to the amish grocery today, so hopefully I come home with some pumpkins and gourds!

~Have a lovely weekend!~

No comments:

Post a Comment