Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Long Overdue Project~Finally Done

Don't you love that feeling after you finally get a project done? Well, I have that feeling today! I posted here about our kitchen cupboard organization, and the sad state of one of those cabinets. My spice jar project tackled one problem, but there was still work to be done.
I started with a simple game plan...


I love throwing things away (ha!), so the first step was easy for me. Be ruthless!



I moved a basket we already owned from our living room (where is was sitting empty), to the cabinet to hold our (unhealthy) snacks. The cereal got moved to an inexpensive plastic container, which is much better to look at than a cardboard box. Two glass cracker jars, from wal-mart, hold baking soda and brown sugar. Mason jars hold salt (that we use to fill our smaller salt shaker) and baking powder. One thing that helped tremendously was to toss all the little extract and food coloring bottles into a mason jar.


I'm still considering finding a glass dispenser for our syrup. I would also like to move the vegetable oil to a dispenser, but the cabinet shelves are way too close together and nothing fits between them :(




Ahh...much better!


~Have a wonderful day! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment