Monday, January 10, 2011

Simplify and Beautify {Cleaning}


In an attempt to simplify, I want to streamline my cleaning and household supplies.
Currently, our utility closet is full of a multitude of cleaners that we don't use and don't really don't need. I would like to start more natural products. I also want these necessary products to be a little prettier.



The pared down list of cleaning items we need for our house...
multi purpose cleaner/disinfectant
floor cleaning/mopping solution
dusting solution
glass cleaner
dish soap
laundry detergent


I would even like to start making some of my own cleaning supplies! Here are a few simple recipes...

all purpose cleaner
2 cups water
1 cup hydrogen peroxide
¼ cup lemon juice

glass cleaner
mix together one part white vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle

floor cleaner
add ½ cup vinegar to 1 gallon of water
a few drops of essential oil will help cover the vinegar scent



~I hope these ideas have inspired you to simplify your own cleaning regimen and supplies! Do you have any good cleaning tips or recipes? Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment