Monday, April 6, 2009

{Beauty Tuesday}: Beauty Interview with Made by Girl

Hello everyone! I am back with another Beauty Interview today, with the absolutely gorgeous & super talented Jen behind the stunning blog {Made by Girl}, I believe most of you are familier with it already? If not, make sure you do, it's one of the first blog I read each morning!

Q: Could you give us a summary of your experience with beauty products?

For the most part it’s been a trial and error experience for me. I think you have to try many products before you can finally decide on one that really works with your skin etc. I have to be careful what I put on my skin as it is pretty sensitive.

Q: What is your skin type and what do you look for in skincare products?

My skin is usually combination. However, there are days it seems oily, especially in my t-zone. I usually look for skin care products that are right for sensitive skin and that have SPF in them. Also, I won’t buy anything unless it’s oil-free.

Q: What is your top beauty secret or product?

I use distilled water to wash my face. Then I take a cotton swab and place about 5-6 drops of Lavender and 5-6 drops of Rosemary. It helps keep the skin from breaking out.

Q: Name 3 other favorite products and why?

1. Laura Mercier oil free foundation: (it has excellent coverage and of course, it’s oil free).
2. Mac Cosmetics Studio-fix powder
3. Lancome Juicy Tubes keep my lips from looking too dry. (I like Berry Bold and the clear gloss)

Q: Are there any other products that you love but have not mentioned above?

Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing gloss. This is great, it smells so good and leaves hair looking bright and beautiful! Its great for all hair types too.

Kerastase’ Oleo Curl- since my hair is naturally wavy/curly. It gives great definition as well as protects my hair from humidity. Good thing when it’s humid out.

Thanks so much Jen for joining us today and sharing your beauty secrets! I've heard so much about essential oils and should really try them out!

(image from here, here, here & stated sources)

No comments:

Post a Comment