Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Outdoor Showers


Good morning! I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!

On Sunday night around 9:00, on a whim, the hubs-to-be and I packed up his horse trailer and went camping! Let me tell you, I am definitely not the camping type...but it's not too bad when you have air conditioning, running water, and get to watch "Couples Retreat".
Yesterday, my fiance was supposed to have a horse show (which is the reason we camped out), but his class got rained out. We had rain for a majority of the day...which got me thinking about "outdoor showers" of a different variety...

Can you think of anything better than an outdoor shower during those hot summer months? I have always been fascinated with them...since I was very young, I have always wanted one. It doesn't have to be anything fancy...a rustic looking showerhead would be enough for me! It doesn't even have to be enclosed...I can always wear a bathing suit! The picture above is an absolute dream!


This cute, enclosed shower is the perfect poolside place to rinse off after swimming!


Rustic perfection.


I adore the galvanized baskets mounted on the building for storing shampoo, soap, and sponges! Such a cute idea!


Another enclosed shower area, for more privacy. I imagine a space like this being used at a lake house!


A unique, eclectic look using a sheet of galvanized metal. And it's pretty fancy with that storage shelf and mirror!


A simple shower area...I would add some individuality with a colorful outdoor rug and some fun, colored metal buckets for storage!


See, it doesn't have to be anything fancy to be fabulous!

~Do you share my love of outdoor showers? Which style would you want?~

{Images from: here, here, 3,4 here, here, here, 7,8 here}

No comments:

Post a Comment