Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Blues

Sundays have never been my favorite day.
This is especially true today...I'm not ready for the week to start yet.
Do you ever get overwhelmed by life, feel burnt out, need a change?


 My fiance and I have been waiting to hear back from the bank about our mortgage application. Well, I finally received an email telling us that they would not be able to approve our application, in part because we only have part time jobs. My fiance is an EMT and works three part time jobs...working well over 40 hours a week and making alot more than he would at just one full time job. We kind of saw this coming, but it didn't make it any less disappointing when our fears were confirmed. 
So...now we have to move on and find a place to rent. There is nothing wrong with renting, it's just that I had my heart set on making our first place "ours". It's going to be challenging to do this in a place that we don't actually own.
The good thing about this though, is that we will probably get to move into a place much sooner than we anticipated. I know it will be fine. We will be together and that's what really matters. We're young...we still have our whole lives together to own a home. I've just got to keep telling myself this :)


On top of that disappointment, I'm taking two online classes this summer that start tomorrow. I am just so unmotivated when it comes to school lately! I have been in college for three years, and still have two more to go. I have changed my mind, major, and even schools multiple times. And I'm still not even sure my heart is completely in the path that I have chosen. I'm currently going to school to become a middle school teacher...but I think maybe I would be happier teaching younger kids...but that would mean spending even longer in school.
I dream of having a husband to take care of, children to love, a house to decorate and make home, meals to cook, cookies to bake....not of a career. I know how that must sound...I hope you understand what I mean.

With the job I have now, I feel like it's time for a change. That's hard to say though, because I have to admit that I have it pretty easy where I am now. I work at a doctor's office, where my grandma is the nurse. I work part-time, they let me work around my school schedule, and the pay is decent. A few years back, I quit this job and got a job at a daycare. I loved working with the kids...I even changed my major to early childhood education, because I thought that's what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Well, I soon enough figured out that daycare and preschools don't pay that well. I ended up going back to the doctor's office. To be truthful, I still regret this. I don't feel like I'm making a difference and miss the responsibility I had at the daycare. I just don't know what to do with my school schedule and finding a new job. These decisions...being a grown-up...is hard!


Well, I'm sorry for how long this post turned out to be! Thank-you for reading if you made it all the way through! I just want you to know that I am completely thankful for everything I have and I know I don't have it bad, in the least. It's just time for some changes...a makeover of sorts. Any advice?


~Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a lovely start to your week!~


{Blue images from: here,here, here, here, here}

No comments:

Post a Comment