Monday, August 23, 2010

The Beginnings of The Office


Good Monday morning! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty busy! It seems like we always have at least five projects going on around here! All day Saturday, my fiance worked on refinishing an antique dresser that we are going to use as our t.v. stand. It looks amazing and I can't wait to share the pictures! While he worked on that, I had my own project going...


We have had this old desk sitting around since we moved in, just waiting for me to work on it. I finally got my butt into gear because the fall semester of school starts this week and I really wanted a designated place to work on homework. As you can see in the photo above, this desk was in pretty poor shape. After starting to sand it, I can't count the times I told my fiance, "It's not even worth painting. Just throw it away.". After being told we didn't have money to buy a new desk and to just slap some paint on this one, I finally finished it.


Here is the after. It is now sitting in our office of sorts. It's not perfect, but it is alot better than the before! We just spray painted the old hardware black because I didn't want to spend any more money on something that we won't have forever. An extra dining chair is serving as the office chair for now.


It will be a good place to work on homework and wedding projects! Guess which one of those two things I will most likely spend more time on?...


My next project for this room is going to be creating some fabric covered bulletin boards for the wall above the desk. I am planning on using a bright floral fabric, which I think will be really fun with the wall color. And I definitely need to find some cute desk accessories!

~I hope you have a beautiful day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment