Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peaceful, Easy Livin'

Hello girls! It's Wednesday!
I have been a tad bit stressed out lately...with all the house projects, moving, planning the wedding, and money issues. And on top of those everyday stresses, we found out that the hospital where my fiance works is laying off several EMTs and cutting back the hours for all the remaining ones. We're trying not to be too worried about that situation because we're pretty sure he isn't going to be one of the ones laid off and he thankfully has another job that is really flexible with his hours and will let him start working more when he needs to.
Oh, and did I mention that the golf course that we booked for our wedding reception closed and went up for auction? And we already gave the owner our deposit. The place has had tax troubles before and the owners were able to buy it back at a lower price or something like that, so we are crossing our fingers that's what happens. Or that whoever buys it honors our contract. I will hopefully find out today what's going on with that.
With all that, admiring some pretty spaces is a much needed escape.


I adore everything about this room. The shelves. The ladder. Those chairs. The hint of color brought in by the floral pillows. Beautiful!


More bookshelves! And how great is that urn used for more book and magazine storage?!

I think it's really interesting how those sheer curtains are hung to let in alot of light, but still provide privacy. I want that fabulous rug too!


Beautiful chandelier and daybed.


Beyond cute little breakfast bar area.
{unknown}

The vintage, bohemian vibe of this room is fantastic! I want to curl up on that bed with a few magazines and a cup of coffee!

P.S.
 I came home last night after watching Teen Mom at my mom's house, walked through the door and saw a mess of items in the kitchen that my fiance, who had been away at a horse show for the last two days, had apparently left when he got home. Frustrated, I was about to complain. Then, I noticed what the mess actually was. A little cat carrying cage, litter box, and food.
He got me a kitten!
 We had talked about getting a pet to keep me company when he has to work overnight, but I was surprised when he brought the little guy home! So, I spent the better part of last night playing with this new guy and googling names for him. We still haven't come up with anything permanent though. I keep thinking, if it's this hard for me to decide on a name for a cat, imagine what it will  be like when we name our children! Any suggestions are welcome ;)

~Talk to you soon!~

No comments:

Post a Comment