Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wedding Inspiration {Table Backdrops}


Ok, I'm sure that it has to do with the date and location of our wedding being moved, but I am thinking of heading in a slightly different direction with the theme and decor.
{By the way, it is officially, official. We have the church, a new reception hall, and our photographer booked. May 28, 2011 is the date!}
I had been planning on using white, ivory, and green as our colors along with burlap, mason jars, and crystal tree centerpieces.
Now, I am kind of leaning towards a more vintage, whimsical feel. I still definitely want to use the burlap, mason jars, and crystal trees, but I am thinking of adding blue to the color scheme. I don't want it to look random, but I love looking at diy, eclectic weddings.
What do you think?


One idea that I am completely smitten with is creating these diy backdrops for all the important tables. These are made out of pvc pipe, but instead of the ribbon, I want to use some pretty fabric.
I'm not sure about you, but where we live, for receptions, almost everyone hires a party supply place to come in and hang up gauzy fabric, tulle, and lights behind the head table, cake, table, etc. I really don't like that look and did not want to do this, so the diy fabric backdrops will be perfect.


I showed my fiance this idea and was expecting an eye roll as his response, but he actually liked it! He said he could make the pvc frames easily. Woo-hoo for handy men!
I'm not sure what type of fabric I want to use though. Pretty floral or patterned would be whimsical, but I don't want it to look cheesy. Any thoughts?


These fabric pom pom garland strands are adorable! I really want to make a few of these (with the help of my family and bridesmaids, of course!) to string over the backdrops.

Now that the date of our wedding has been moved up a month, I am starting to feel the pressure! We have to get moving with all these projects I have in mind! It's only 280 days from today! haha

~Enjoy the rest of your weekend!~

No comments:

Post a Comment