Monday, August 16, 2010

Creating Some Curb Appeal

Now that we have made the inside of our house livable, it's time to tackle the outside.
From the road, our little white house looks like it's crying for some love and attention.


The front door is some old, fake wood door that is beat up beyond belief. It was a dingy white, but last weekend, I painted it black. The black paint helped to disguise alot of it's flaws. If we owned the house, it is definitely something we would replace, but since we don't, we're working with what we have!


Next, I want to try making a wreath for our "new" door. I'm thinking I'm going to use moss, but I have seen some bay leaf ones that look really neat too!


We have a little path right in front of our house that needs mulched badly. We're going to use black mulch, which I think will look great with the white and black exterior.


 I am totally clueless when it comes to plants, flowers, etc. Since it's August, what can we plant? haha
I absolutely love window boxes,and think they would add some much needed personality to the front of our house. Now if I can just talk my fiance into building me some ;)


As much as I love summer, I'm really looking forward to decorating for fall outside! I can't wait to buy some pretty, colorful mums, white pumpkins and gourds! 

And I really need to find one of those money trees....

~Have a beautiful start to your week!~

{I'm sorry, but I totally forgot to save the sources for these images!}

No comments:

Post a Comment