Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Fairy Tale Love



I want a fairy tale.


As a little girl, I pretended to be a princess, wore dresses everyday, and just knew that prince charming would find me.


Then I got older.
I met my prince at sixteen years old in a Wendy's parking lot.


I found out that real love isn't a fairy tale.
It takes work.
You will inevitably be let down, hurt, and frustrated.


But I also found out that all that hard work is worth it.
I am now marrying my best friend in May 2011.
A different month and location than I had planned.
But it will be wonderful.
A promise to God and each other. And then a huge party afterwards.

{unknown}

So, even though it's not what I thought it would be like when I was little, I still believe in fairy tales.
And I'm looking forward to a lifetime of being picked up, spun around, and looked at like I'm the only girl in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment