Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our New, Old T.V. Stand




One day a few years ago, I spotted this antique dresser in my fiance's garage. His dad was about to give it to his brother and his wife to refinish.
 "No! I want it! We will have a house someday and it would be soo perfect as a t.v. stand" I told him.
He agreed, and told me he would work on it. He began stripping the old finish off the top and then didn't touch the thing again.

When we moved into our house, my fiance put our t.v. on this ugly faux wood stand. I informed him that he had better get working on the antique dresser because that ugly stand was not staying long.


Last weekend, he got the dresser out, stripped, sanded, and stained the entire thing in one day. We were laughing that this dresser was a project that took him over a year, but actually only took a day. I was all ready to buy new hardware, but he wanted to keep the original hardware. After a little cleaning, I'm happy we did. I love the results and he was so proud, which makes it even cooler :)

sorry for the dark pictures! I should have taken them before we put the t.v. back on, but didn't think about it.


Here is the before. He did a great job!

~Do you girls have any good before and afters? They are my favorite! Have a great day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment