Friday, August 13, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons...

You make hard lemonade.
 Is that how that saying goes?
This week has been hard.
There is no other way to describe it.
I just want to curl up and cry (which I have already done plenty of).


It turns out that the place we had booked for our reception could not come through with their financing and are closing. I lost the deposit I put down on the place and now we have to try to find somewhere new. I booked this place in January, almost a year and a half ahead of time, because I knew June was a very popular month for weddings. Well, now it's ten months before our wedding and every venue is taken. We live in a very small town and don't have too many options. That means, as of right now, we have to move the date of our wedding. We called our photographer that we have booked and got a few dates that she was still available for in June and July so hopefully we can find a venue with an opening on one of those dates. It may sound strange, but I was attached to that date. June 25th was when I was getting married. Now all of a sudden it's not.  I'm just so frustrated! 
Then, on top of that, my fiance and I are going through a very rough time as a couple. I would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts sent our way.
I'm just trying to have faith that things will work out for the best.


This little guy came into my life at just the right time! He is so loving and has been such a comfort the past few days. And I finally named him! Oliver :)

~have a beautiful weekend. here's to hoping that the next week is better than this last!~


No comments:

Post a Comment