Monday, November 8, 2010

Grocery Day


Good Monday morning ladies!


Tonight is grocery shopping night. Ugh. Usually, I do this on Wednesdays, but we are out of food. Like we don't even have bread, out of food. I don't mind the actual grocery shopping, it's the trying to figure out what the heck we're going to have each night and buying everything we will need for those meals so that I don't have to make five different trips to the store that I have a hard time with. Oh, and spending all that dang money and still feeling like we don't have anything to eat.
It's hard, because my fiance works a completely different schedule each week. It's hard enough to cook for just two, so I don't want to waste one of our "meals" on a night when it's just lonely 'ol me at home.

{via}

So how do you girls do it? Do you plan out a weekly menu ahead of time? To you do all of your grocery shopping for the week in one trip? Or do you just play it by ear?
I have found that I do better shopping when I have planned our meals for the week out ahead of time. I usually just plan for a week's worth of meals, which sometimes end up lasting us two weeks, depending on Bryan's schedule. 

This week, the general plan looks something like this...
tortellini soup
fettuccini alfredo
chicken breast covered w/ cream of mushroom soup and boxed stuffing
vegetable stir fry and rice
hamburgers and mac and cheese
veggie tacos
eat out or leftovers

~I would love to hear how you girls deal with the meals and shopping in your house! Have a great day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment