Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cabana Stripes


Today is a beautiful, hot, sunny day here in Indiana! I started thinking about what defines summertime in terms of decor and immediately thought, "cabana stripes!". They are a great way to add a touch of whimsy and fun to any room...and just scream "summer!" to me!


This is my favorite shade of green...how cute would this be with a big, fluffy white duvet?!


So cute! These pink and white stripes would be sweet in a little (or big!) girl's bedroom or bathroom.


Ahh...the perfect place to lounge in style!


Love the black and white with the aqua!


While I think that most cabana striped items have a bit of a modern feel, this dusty pink and white quilt is more traditional and toned down...which I love!
(and I spot some great painted wood floors under there!)


Why haven't I ever come across one of these adorable striped huts handing out towels on the beach?!


Stripes in a pale blue on the ceiling add interest and a beachy vibe. I wonder if I could talk my fiance into doing this to one of the rooms in our future house...hmm...


A super simple, but cute idea!

~I hope your're having a perfect weekend and enjoying the same sunshine that I have been blessed with today!

{Images from: here, here, here, here, unknown, here, here, here, and here}

No comments:

Post a Comment