Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dear Smart and Stylish Bloggers:

My fiance and I have inherited a sofa. It's a perfectly nice sofa...only a few years old...very comfy too. What's the problem? you may ask. Well, this sofa is in the most lovely, dated, floral pattern. Oh, and we are also the proud owners of a pinkish, mauv-y recliner! I know you are all jealous. As beautiful as these pieces of furniture are...they are not really my style...at all. So, we are in need of some slipcovers. I want ivory ones, probably in twill, that are very relaxed feeling, but actually fit the furniture...The kind that all of you lovely ladies out there in bloggy land have!
 I have read countless reviews in an attempt to find what I want. I actually even bought one for the sofa at Target, but chickened out and returned it when I read the online reviews complaining that it shrinks after just one washing! 
 So, I'm calling in back-up! Any tips? Could you tell me what to look for or avoid? Does anyone have any resources? Have you found the perfect slipcovers and are willing to share where I could find some equally as fabulous? (FYI: I cannot sew and we are on a pretty tight budget!) We would be forever greatful for any advice/resources!
Sincerely,
One half of the couple who doesn't want their furniture to look like it came from their great-grandparent's basement

No comments:

Post a Comment