Monday, May 17, 2010

Love and Marriage

Good morning! How was everyone's weekend?
 Mine was the best I have had in quite some time! Friday night was spent meeting new people and eating good...expensive...but good food at a new-to-me restaurant. Saturday, the first of my friends got hitched! It was so nice for the whole group of girls from high school to get back together for a night! And I am now even more excited for my own wedding next June!
She was a stunning bride, and the wedding ceremony and reception were perfect! Her dress was the most beautiful lace and tulle, with crystal accents. Her bridesmaids carried small bouquets of all light pink peonies...so simple and gorgeous.
Their reception was held in a barn-type venue. Pink flower petals lined the walkway up to the building. At the entryway, an adorable easel held a framed chalkboard with the couple's new monogram.
The tables were covered in sand-colored linens with my new absolute favorite reception idea: burlap runners! Large vases filled with full blooms of varying shades of pink peonies served as centerpieces, along with vases of branches and candles.
 
Their cake was a unique chocolate cake with all dark chocolate fondant icing, which was delicious!
It was a beautiful day (even though it was somewhat chilly and rained!) and I wish the new couple a lifetime of happiness and love! 

~I hope that all of you had just as lovely as a weekend! And here's to a wonderful week!~

P.S. I definitely asked my friend if I could buy the burlap runners from her...and I have been brainstorming more ways to use them for my reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment