Friday, May 21, 2010

Project {Chalkboard Signs}

Yesterday, I had the idea to create small framed chalkboards to use as "reserved" signs for some of the tables at our wedding reception.
 "A cute, cheap, easy project that I can do on my day off tomorrow", I thought to myself. My inspiration was something like this...


or this little cutie...


After work, I went to Michaels and picked up ten cheap-o unfinished frames and some white spray paint.
Once home, I realized that I loathe spray paint. Coat after coat and the frame still wasn't covered! So, my fiance and I made a trip to Wally World and bought some white paint, chalkboard paint, brushes, and ten $1 frames to use the glass from to create the actual chalkboard. Upon checking out at Wal-Mart, I realized that my "cheap" little project ended up setting me back about $60...ridiculous!


I had every intention of painting all ten frames and all ten pieces of glass with the chalkboard paint. Well, impending thunderstorms moved my operation indoors, and I didn't end up getting as much done as I had planned on...and by that, I mean that I painted the front of 4 frames...that's all.
Here's what my progress looks like thus far...

 

Hey, it's a start...right? Someday, when I actually finish this project, I will share pics...and hopefully they will look a little better than they are at this point in time ;)

~Enjoy your weekend ladies!~

No comments:

Post a Comment