Monday, May 24, 2010

Times Like This


Good Monday Morning Lovelies! Did you enjoy your weekend?

My fiance worked most of the weekend, so I spent more time at home than usual, which was great because I had some wedding projects that I wanted to work on...and who can get anything productive done with pesky boys around  ;)
So,  I sat on my bedroom floor Saturday morning, painting the rest of the frames for my chalkboard project.

My sister walked in and asked, "whatcha doin'?".
"Just painting...wanna help?"


She grabbed a brush and sat down across from me. We sat there, painting and laughing at the fact that I let the first four frames I painted get stuck to the pillowcase I was using as a drop cloth.

Our mom peeked in my doorway, smiled, and said something about how she loved when all three of her kids were home on the weekend...just all of us together made her happy.

 I rolled my eyes and laughed...but it's true...things aren't going to be like this for very much longer.

 I will be moving out and getting married, next year my brother graduates and is going off to college, my sister is in middle school and likes her friends and privacy more than spending time with her embarrassing family...things are going to change.


Yesterday, I took all the supplies for our wish tree tags out to the dining room table and started working on them. My brother and his girlfriend came over to the table...he made fun of me for "doing wedding stuff already"...she told me about her new summer job.

"Hey, go get Jenna", I told him.

My sister came out of hiding from her bedroom and sat down to help me with the rest of the tags.

We talked and laughed some more. I told her helping me with wedding projects was part of her "bridesmaid duties" and I pestered her with questions about whether or not she had kissed her boyfriend yet and if they were going to stay together over summer break.

My brother joined in on making fun of her, then we turned the conversation to who his first kiss was with. We continued on like this for the better part of the night.


And I enjoyed every second of it. Because it's not going to be like this for very much longer.

~Here's to a beautiful, enjoyable week filled with lots of time with the ones you love!~

{Pretty, creative rooms unrelated to this post from: here, here, here, and here}    

No comments:

Post a Comment