Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Makings Of My Dream Living Room


My dream living room has a vintage, farmhouse, beachy feel all mixed together to create a relaxing, casual space. Greyish-bluish-greenish paint covers the walls. White trim frames the floor, ceiling, and windows...


Which are adorned in simple sheer white curtains and a strand of small driftwood pieces.


Our living room needs a vintage, chippy paint, wood sign. It's a necessity.

This sofa, from Pottery Barn, is my dream. An ivory slipcover over our inherited floral sofa will do nicely though :)


The slipcovered sofa will need some beautiful grainsack pillows...


And a few burlap ones too!


Love this chair and a half! How comfy would that be? Ahh..


My fiance actually built me a coffee table for Christmas last year! It's still sitting in his garage at the moment...unfinished...but, I am going to have him paint the legs white, stain the top, and distress the entire thing. It has a shelf underneath too, where I plan on putting some of these...


Wire locker baskets as cute storage for extra blankets, magazines, etc.


I. Want. This. Burlap. Lampshade. End of story.


That burlap shade would look lovely sitting atop a glass base lamp...


Some white starfish inside that pretty little lamp would give the room that hint of beachy-ness that I adore.


I want a farmhouse-style end table in a fun color, like this blue! Another basket would sit prettily on the shelf.


I absolutely love vintage windows. A big white one would make a perfect piece of wall decor.

So...there are the details of my dream living room. I hope to be able to recreate this vision in a budget friendly way when we find a house!

~Make the best of today!~


No comments:

Post a Comment