Sunday, July 18, 2010

Is It Too Much To Ask?

Is it too much to ask...


for a cute little cottage, with a charming porch and welcoming front door...


a bright, airy living room and old hardwood floors...


a cheery white kitchen with a little window above the sink...


beadboard detail in the dining room...


a clean, simple bathroom...it doesn't have to be big!


a little bedroom with white trim around the windows...

 

and a second bedroom to make our home office.

Is that really too much to ask for?

*****

My fiance and I went to look at a rental house this weekend that was more dark, dated, and depressing than bright and full of cottage charm...and on top of that, it was expensive!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to walk into a perfect house...and I don't even want that, really. I want to be able to tackle projects and make our first place together a home. The problem it seems with rental houses, is that landlords don't know that a coat of paint on ug-ly, outdated cabinets (complete with red plexiglass inserts) would make all the difference in the world. I would be more than happy to buy the materials and do all the work myself, if I were allowed.

So, needless to say, we passed on the overpriced house with the oh so pretty plexiglass kitchen cabinets and bathroom that I'm almost positive I would never feel clean in. Our search continues...and here's to hoping that our "imperfectly perfect" first place is out there somewhere, just waiting for us to find it.

~Have a wonderful start to your week!~


{please forgive me, but I've had some of these pictures saved for quite some time and do not know the source}


No comments:

Post a Comment