Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh Happy Day!


Today we decided to rent the house with the ugly cabinets, dirty bathroom, and torn up front yard!
The landlord lowered the rent to a price my fiance and I are comfortable with, and he says he doesn't have a problem with us fixing the place up! We filled out the application and are meeting with the landlord on Friday to go over the lease. Then we just have to give him the deposit, put the electric bill in our name, and we get the keys!

My mind is going a million miles an hour! There are so many projects I want to tackle and can't wait to get started!

We're going to recruit our family and friends (my mom and best friend have already volunteered!) to help us clean the entire house, top to bottom! Lysol, bleach, and scouring pads...here we come!


Then, our first project will be the kitchen. I can't wait to fix it up! I want to paint the walls a light green, like the cute kitchen above. The cabinet doors with the beyond hideous red inserts are coming down, and we're planning to use it as open cabinetry. New hardware would be great as well, but I'm not sure what style would even look good haha.
 I can't wait to unpack all of the kitchen supplies that I have accumulated the past few years. Yah! Right now, everything is packed in my closet, under the bed, in my dresser...I will be so happy to have a place for everything!
It's an eat-in kitchen, and right now there is a weird light fixture hanging above where the dining table will go. I want to find one similar to this to replace it...


We bought a dining table awhile back that looks alot like the one in the dining room below. I think white slipcovers on the chairs would be perfect too!

{source unknown}

Ok, I could seriously go on and on...I have sooo many ideas! but that's enough for today! haha

~Yah! Any tips for decorating a rental? I would love to hear any advice or ideas!~



No comments:

Post a Comment