Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Semi-Before Tour



Hello there! It's seriously Thursday already?!
It has been almost a week since we got the keys to our house and it has been a fog of cleaning, painting, and more painting! I can't believe how much we have got done and again have to thank our wonderful family and friends for all their help!
While I was a work on Tuesday, my fiance and three of his friends worked so hard and put in a new linoleum floor in the bathroom, got my new dining area chandelier hung, painted the office, and moved the refrigerator and washer and dryer in! Yesterday my best friend came over and helped paint the third bedroom, which is being referred to as the "man room" lol. Bryan is allowed to do whatever he wants in this room and I get the rest of the house to decorate ;)

So, you see that lovely picture up there? Wonder what it is? Well, that was the light fixture hanging in our dining area. Pretty, huh? After seeing that, just use your imagination as to what the rest of the house looked like.


Here is my beautiful new light fixture! I'm in love with it! I got it at Lowe's for $60! It is exactly what I wanted and was even less expensive than I was expecting! I bought the cute little shades for around $3.50 each, also at Lowe's.

Ok, are you ready for the tour?


You walk right into the kitchen/dining area/laundry area.
There are really nice laminate wood floors, which I am so thankful for! You can't really see the color here, but I adore the cheery green we painted this room! This is our new dining table and inherited chairs. I wasn't planning on using these chairs, but my fiance's mom brought them over today and they are kind of growing on me. The seats definitely need recovered though! I want to use a simple tan linen fabric on them--that will be one of my first projects after we move in!


Here is our messy, messy kitchen! Please excuse the randomness of the items in this photo (a spare dining chair, closet shelf awaiting a coat of paint, tools on the dryer...), everything gets thrown in here when we're working! Those cabinets need to be painted white! Badly!


This is our living room!
It's actually pretty big and those windows let in alot of light! We haven't really had to do too much in here. I bought bamboo blinds from k-mart and plan to use the sheer white curtains that are currently in my bedroom to frame the front windows. The carpet is old, but could be worse. My fiance's parents came over today and cleaned them, which makes me feel better! (all those weird spots you see on are my footprints from walking around when it was still wet!) The landlord said something about recarpeting after we had been here for a few months. We shall see. And we have yet another gorgeous light fixture in the middle of the room. I'm not sure if we want to put a ceiling fan or a decorative light. Any thoughts?
We're planning to put our sofa along the left wall and the t.v. in the corner on the right hand side of the room. We have an awesome antique dresser to use as a t.v. stand, but it's sitting in my fiance's garage right now, waiting to be refinished!


Utility closet! haha Nothing exciting, but I love this! It's great having an entire closet to store cleaning supplies in. I'm sure I'll try to pretty it up after we get moved in!


And here we have my pride and joy: the bathroom!
This bathroom was seriously a potential deal breaker when we first looked at the house. There was a filthy old glass sliding door instead of the shower curtain, the walls were a dark, pea soup green, complete with a flowery wall panelling that the previous renters had left when they painted around a mirror on the wall, and the flooring was some sort of white and black spotted faux brick peel and stick tile that wasn't actual even sticking to the floor anymore!
We (well actually my grandpa!) painted the walls a dark sandy color called "Salt Fork", from wal-mart, I painted the cabinet above the toilet and the vanity white, and Bryan got a remnant of floating linoleum and recovered the floors. This is now one of my favorite rooms in the house! It just feels clean--which is a huge change from where it began!


Here's the vanity in the bathroom. Again, not my dream, but it's workable! The mirror was already here, and I actually like it!


This is our office. I absolutely love the blue color I choose for the walls! This is the only room in the house with new carpet. I'm thinking I want to find bright floral curtains and use bright accessories for some fun in this room!


Here is our bedroom! The walls ended up a dark-ish grey, which I love. It's small, but not as small as it looks in this photo haha. The third bedroom is actually larger than this one, but I choose to use this as our bedroom because it has lots of windows and just seemed brighter and cheerier! Is that strange?

So, there you have it. My first place! All scrubbed clean, painted, and almost ready to move into! Expect lots of pictures as I get to start the fun part--decorating!

~Enjoy your day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment