Saturday, July 31, 2010

Leaving The Nest



Leaving the nest has been ALOT harder than I had imagined.

For years now, I have imagined living on my own. I have been collecting kitchen items, decorations, and other things to fill the house I dreamt of living in. I imagined having an entire house to organize just the way my oh-so particular self likes it. I imagined my fiance and I having a backyard to grill out in, a dining table to eat at together, a place of our own.  

2 weeks ago, when we went to look at this house, I didn't realize how quickly things would go. It's been fun...and utterly enhausting....getting everything ready, and I can't wait for Bryan and I to start "our" life together.

As happy as I am, there is a (big) part of me that is sad.
It's strange to think that this house isn't going to be my "home" anymore. I won't be greeted by my two great danes, jumping at my car window, everytime I get home. I'll miss my mom and step-dad sitting in the garage, at the bar he built, on a nightly basis. My brother won't be in the next room when I have a computer problem that I need fixed. I won't walk by my sister's bedroom, full of bright green, purple, and blue, everytime I go to my own. I won't get to share (steal) my mom's clothes, jewelry, makeup, and perfume anytime I want. At the risk of sounding like a huge baby...I'm gonna miss my mama! My mom is my best friend. It's always been her and me. I talk to her about everything. Anytime I need her, she's in the next room. It's going to be different now. We had a breakdown the other night, complete with hugging and crying. It's perfectly fine when I'm at the new house, but when I'm at home, it hits me hard.

In reality, I know that I'm only moving about 7 minutes away. My family lives in the country and our new house is in town. It's not far. And my mom, sister, and I have already determined that Tuesday nights are going to be our girls night, we have to watch Teen Mom together ;)
It's moving day. Time to spread my wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment