Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mason Jar Heaven



When envisioning our wedding, I picture a mixture of vintage, rustic and classic styles. Using mason jars for some of the centerpieces was one of the first ideas that I loved.
This was great, because mason jars are really inexpensive. My mom and I had been looking for cheap ones and my fiance bought a box for $7. I figured we would be able to collect enough for a reasonable price by the time the wedding rolled around.

On Saturday, my mom came home from cleaning my great-grandma's basement and said, "we have all the jars for your wedding". I walked outside to find the bed of my step-dad's pick-up filled with box after box of mason jars. Then, my grandma pulled in with even more boxes! My great-grandma canned and saved tons of jars. We have clear ones and bluish-green ones in every size! I'm so excited! They are authentic, antique jars...and the best part is that they were free!

I didn't set out with the intentions of creating a necessarily "budget" wedding. I am just choosing things that I love and seem to fit my fiance and I as a couple.
 It just so turns out that we like cheap things! haha
Seriously, after these freebies, the great deal on my shoes, the fact that my dress was under $400, and  my ambitious diy plans, I'm hoping our wedding will be vintage, rustic, classic perfection :)





~Have a beautiful day!~


No comments:

Post a Comment