Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just A Small Town Girl

Yes, I most certainly did just referenced Journey in my post title :)

I realized one thing during the course of the two vacations I have recently been on.
I am so thankful to live where I do.


Big cities are not for me.
For one, the traffic situations are nearly heart attack inducing. My fiance drove the rental cars in Florida and also drove my Equinox to Chicago. His bad case of road rage does not mix well with all that traffic...to say the least. As it is, I'm always running late, that sitting in traffic would not help my situation. And although taking the train and bus into town was kind of neat, my ocd kicked into overdrive and the thought of all those germs makes my skin crawl!


I love the slow pace of my small town. I love being able to see stars filling the sky, hearing frogs at night, walking bare foot through the grass, smelling the sweet aroma of farm animals (ok, maybe not that last one so much...). 


I'll admit, the nearest mall, movie theater, or starbucks is 45 minutes away. But to me, driving that 45 minutes is much preferable over the hustle that city life seems to have. Give me corn fields and wide open spaces over the city any day!


The only other life I could imagine living would be one in a tiny beach town. A small airy cottage, the smell of the sea, and the sun warming my face sounds pretty dreamy ;)

Either way, I'm a small town girl through and through!
~What about you ladies? Do you love where you live? Are you a country girl or the big city type? I would love to hear your thoughts!~

{images from: 1 & 2 unknown, 3 here, 4 here,}

No comments:

Post a Comment