Monday, October 25, 2010

Tackling Cabinet Organization



I like to think of myself as a pretty organized girl.
It makes me feel better and just gives me a feeling of calm when I open up the closet, for instance, and things are all neat and tidy. I like everything to have a home. 
That is why I like looking in the cabinet where we store our dishes, mugs, cups, etc.


My ocd gets the best of me and I absolutely must have everything match. I love that everything is glass or cream colored. It looks...clean.

(by the way, aren't our cabinets made of such a pretty wood, with such a pretty stain? yuck!)



Ahh...
Is it weird that just looking at these pictures makes me feel calmer?


But then, we have this. A mixture of breakfast food, baking items, medicine, and spices. This cabinet needs some serious help. I would like to get some plastic containers for our cereal, a few glass jars for the baking stuff, and then I want to tackle the spices.


How adorable are these vintage apothecary spice jars? I'm going to buy a bunch of small glass jars and probably just print off some labels for them.

~What about you? Are your cabinets neat and tidy? Or are they in need of a little help? :)
Have a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment